“Change the problem, stop connecting things and connect people instead” – Sce Pike, Chief Experience Officer, Citizen.
TFNW 2014 speaker, Sce Pike of Portland based global, mobile innovation firm, Citizen has made her presentation, Internet of Things, The Next Bubble? – available on Slideshare. It was a cutting edge topic by a truly world class speaker and Portland based talent.
On Friday, August 15, Oregon Public Broadcasting’s (OPB’s) popular Think Out Loud radio show interviewed some TFNW presenters, and also did some live broadcasting at TFNW at OMSI. Think Out Loud TFNW guests included Sce Pike: Chief experience officer at Citizen Plus, Tad McGeer: Founder and CEO of Aerovel, and Mara Zepeda: Co-founder and CEO of Switchboard.
If you missed TFNW this year, or were attending TFNW and still want to hear more, OPB has the full one-hour podcast available below or at Think Out Loud.
We’ll be publishing fuller recaps of TechFestNW 2014 soon. In the meantime, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who came out to TFNW on August 14-15 at OMSI. Highlights?
Sold out attendance with over 1000 attendees for two days of speaker programming, talent fair, tech demonstrations, networking, and parties:
- Participation in the annual Thurs night Pre-TechFestNW PDX TechCrawl put on by Crowd Compass and sponsored by GeekWire. Over 400 people met, mingled and checked out some of Portland’s coolest downtown based Tech Companies
- Demonstrations of icy cold blended drinks by the 2nd highest funded Kickstarter in history, Portland’s own Coolest Cooler
- Incredible, inspiring, sometimes controversial, but always riveting presentations from over 30 national and local speakers, as well as excellent audience – speaker Q&As and post presentation discussions
- The first ever TFNW Talent Fair with over 26 companies, 900 attendees came through the door Fri and Sat. And, from what we heard and saw, plenty of great career and job conversations and connections between job seekers and those hiring. We even heard stories of folks getting interviews right there on the spot.
- Snacks and refreshments: InComm sponsored maple dipped potato “Crack Chips”, Ruby Jewel Ice Cream sandwiches sponsored by Rocket Fuel, plenty of Stumptown Coffee – hot and iced, and breakfast and Friday lunch provided by OMSI’s own Theory restaurant.
- A stunning Friday night reception looking out over the West Hills sunset and Willamette River at Theory in OMSI, sponsored by Smarsh. A good time was truly had by all
- A thumping late-night TFNW After Party from 9pm Friday to 2am Saturday, sponsored by Nike at Pure Space, in NW Portland
- New connections, sharing of ideas, and sparks of future business and creative collaborations. TFNW was filled with bright folks with great ideas, getting together to work together on future innovations
- Media coverage, including Oregon Public Broadcasting, KGW News, Wired, GeekWire, KBOO, DigitalTrends, Willamette Week, and more
A big thank you to the TFNW crew and volunteers, OMSI, all of our sponsors and participating companies, and attendees. This is OUR TFNW, it’s here for Portland, Oregon, and the Northwest.
Questions, Comments, Feedback? We want to hear from you to make TechFestNW 2015 even better. Email us at email@example.com
See you in 2015!
Breaking News: We have sold out of TFNW tickets for 2014. Tickets to the TFNW Talent Fair, held today, Saturday, August 16 from 12-3 pm are still available at the door by cash or credit card or online at techfestnw.com/tickets.
TechfestNW Day 2 – kicks off at OMSI today at 9:00 am registration, first speaker at 9:30, then we go till 4pm. See you then!